What is Kripalu Yoga?
As presented by Devarshi Steven Hartman, Director of Professional Trainings, KYTA Conference 2005
The Kripalu approach to yoga
The uniqueness of Kripalu Yoga is that postures, pranayama, and meditation are all happening simultaneously.
· Creative sequencing
· Breath coordinated with movement
· Witness consciousness
· BRFWA (breathe, relax, feel, watch, allow) – transformation
· Exploration and inquiry
· Connection to Source
What distinguishes the Kripalu approach to yoga?
A Kripalu yoga class has the potential to:
· Restore the body to its natural state of alignment and balance
· Promote deep concentrated awareness
· Awaken the prana (life force) in the body
· Provide an experience of mediation-in-motion